lunes, 13 de abril de 2020

Create a comic with PIXTON

Hello teachers I sincerely hope all of you are well. I am heatlhy and very busy because, this week I've been learning how to create a comic using ICTs . Do you want to know how to make a comic book too? I'll tell you right now.

After exploring different tools to create comics I decided to use Pixton.
Pixton is a web tool used to create comics. The first thing you have to do is to choose between Pixton for educators, for students, for parents or for business. In this case, I've chosen Pixton edu for students, because I wanted to see if this tool is adecuate and easy to use for my students.

After signing up, it's easy to start creating a comic, you can choose different backgrounds, characters and customize the clothes, hair, change their position and expression. Moreover you can choose what the characters say, think,or whisper choosing between different speech bubbles.

What caught my attention about this tool is that you can put the characters in many positions, you can also put different focuses and change the expressions of the face, the latter is what I like most and other tools to create comics do not have it.I wanted to create a comic related to emotions so I needed a tool where I could change the expressions on the characters' faces.

In summary this web is easy to use, safe, and simple, besides the result is very good. However, from my point of view this tool could be improved if we could introduce objects into the scene. One thing I don't like is that the free version doesn't let you download, print or share the comic you created, so I had to take a screenshot.

I would use this tool with my students only if we can save and share the work we have done.

Remember that making our students create comics is a great opportunity to develop creativity, language skills and express feelings  . When pupils read comics they develop reading comprehension skills. The most important thing is that they learn by having fun.

This is the comic about emotions that I have created , it is for the third course of Primary Education. Here you can see a real example:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario