martes, 14 de abril de 2020

Create a mind map with Mindmeister

Hello teachers!  I'm glad to write a new entry on my blog ! Today I have a question for you, Do you use mind maps?

Mind maps help us to organize our ideas and understand information better. Moreover you can develop your creativity and improve your memory. At a glance you have all the important information about one topic.

I have a very visual memory, so when study I use a lot of schemes and mind maps. I used to make them by hand and I only included words and some drawings. Now  I've learned to create mindmaps through  Mindmeister .

Mindmeister is an online app where you can create mind maps. You can save your work, share and pulish it. To access this app you have to sign up, then a tab opens explaining in a simple way the steps to create the mind map. You can choose the kind of letter the forms, change the colors and so on.

The advantage of this app is that you can add , icons, videos, comments and  links . Another good point is that is collaborative, therefore  several peple can work together if you want.

What I like most about this app is that you can create mind maps very fast, which is a great help for all teachers.
One thing to improve is that you can't upload  draws, web images or even your own photos in the free version.  

I would definitely use Mindmaster as a teacher , to help my students to understand a topic. However,  I would only use this app with the students in  higher courses.

This is the mind map that I have created for the fifth course of Primary Education about the cells in Natural Science. In this case I added videos, comments, icons and  links.

Visually the mind map is simple for students to better understand the topic and I have also added several activities such as a video, a science lab experiment and a website game.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario